Tretinoin Cream 0.025% (Retin-A) 20g
Tretinoin Cream 0.025% (Retin-A) is the perfect choice for those looking to improve their appearance and reduce the signs of ageing. This groundbreaking cream helps reduce fine lines and wrinkles, increase collagen production, improve elasticity and tighten skin, reverse sun damage, unclog pores and clear skin, and brighten dull skin and even skin tone. It’s perfect for anyone who wants clearer, brighter, more youthful skin!
How it works:
Tretinoin Cream 0.025% (Retin-A), also known as retinoic acid, is a retinoid and a vitamin A derivative that increases skin cell turnover rate. As we age, the rate at which skin cells renew and replace older skin cells decreases. This slowing of the skin cells renewal process is when signs of ageing begin to show. Tretinoin works by speeding up the rate at which skin cells renew. Therefore, your skin will appear brighter and more youthful as older damaged skin cells are replaced more frequently by new undamaged skin cells. As a result, collagen production increases, and your fine lines, wrinkles, and age spots will disappear or significantly reduce over time.
Tretinoin Cream 0.025% (Retin-A) should be applied at night only. This is because retinoids can break down when exposed to sunlight. Therefore, if it’s applied during daylight hours, it will be less effective compared to being applied at night.
- Tretinoin should be applied to clean skin. Therefore, you should remove all your makeup, wash your face and thoroughly dry it before applying tretinoin.
- Add a pea-sized amount of tretinoin onto your finger; a little goes a long way. Then using your fingertips, apply a thin layer evenly to your face, until absorbed (avoid applying to your lips). If you get it in your eyes, you should thoroughly rinse them with warm water.
- Wait around 20 – 30 minutes for it to fully absorb into the deeper layers of your skin before continuing your usual nightly face routine (e.g., applying moisturiser, eye serum etc.). Avoid using harsh facial exfoliants while using tretinoin as they’ll irritate your skin.
- When using Tretinoin Cream 0.025% (Retin-A), you should always wear sunscreen during the day (30 SPF or above).
- DO NOT USE TRETINOIN IF YOU ARE PREGNANT OR BREASTFEEDING.
Although Tretinoin is safe to use, you may experience one or more mild skin reactions while your skin adapts to it. For example, you may initially experience skin redness, warmth, dryness (alleviated by using a moisturiser), irritation, or dead skin peeling. If you do experience any of these skin reactions, they’ll stop once your skin adapts after a few uses.
If using Tretinoin for the first time, it’s recommended to start with the lowest strength, which is 0.025%. This will minimise the likelihood of possible skin reactions occurring. After your skin adapts to it, you can choose a higher strength if you want to. It’s also recommended you only use it once or twice per week for the first few uses. After your skin adapts, you can begin using it more frequently, such as every second night, then every night, if you want to use it this often.
It’s highly recommended you use SPF 30 or above on your face during the day while using Tretinoin as your face will be more sensitive to sunlight.
You will not see results overnight. However, your skin will be noticeably clearer and smoother in a few weeks if used regularly and consistently. And these results will continue to improve the longer tretinoin is used. After a few months, there will also be a noticeable improvement in the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, age spots and sun damage. However, if you stop using Tretinoin Cream 0.025% (Retin-A), the positive results will be lost.