Tretinoin Cream 0.05% 20g
Tretinoin Cream 0.05% is excellent for those who want to improve their appearance and reduce the signs of ageing. This revolutionary cream reduces fine lines and wrinkles, boosts collagen production, improves elasticity and tightens skin, reverses UV damage caused by the sun, unclogs pores and clears skin, brightens dull skin and evens skin tone. It’s ideal for anyone who wants their skin to be clearer, brighter, and more youthful!
How it works:
Tretinoin Cream 0.05%, commonly known as retinoic acid, is a vitamin A derivative and retinoid that boosts skin cell turnover. The rate at which skin cells renew and replace older skin cells slows as we get older. When the renewal process of skin cells slows down, signs of ageing appear. Tretinoin acts by accelerating the renewal of skin cells. As a result, as older damaged skin cells are replaced more regularly by young undamaged skin cells, your skin will appear brighter and more youthful. Collagen production will increase, and fine lines, wrinkles, and age spots will fade or disappear over time.
Tretinoin Cream 0.05% should only be used at night. This is because retinoids can degrade when exposed to sunlight. As a result, if used during the day, it will be less effective than if used at night.
- Tretinoin should be used on clean skin. As a result, before using tretinoin, you should remove all of your makeup, wash your face, and thoroughly dry it.
- Using your finger, apply a pea-sized amount of tretinoin, a little is all you need. Then, using your fingertips, evenly distribute a thin layer over your face, until absorbed. Avoid applying it to your lips. If it gets into your eyes, rinse them thoroughly with warm water.
- Allow 20–30 minutes for it to absorb into the deeper layers of your skin before continuing with your evening face routine (e.g., applying moisturiser, eye serum etc.). When using tretinoin, avoid applying harsh facial exfoliants as they’ll irritate your skin.
- When using Tretinoin Cream 0.05%, it’s important to remember to wear sunscreen every day (30 SPF or above).
- TRETINOIN SHOULD NOT BE USED IF YOU ARE PREGNANT OR BREASTFEEDING.
Although Tretinoin is safe to use, you may experience one or more mild skin reactions while your skin adapts to it. For example, you may initially experience skin redness, warmth, dryness (alleviated by using a moisturiser), irritation, or dead skin peeling. If you do experience any of these skin reactions, they’ll stop once your skin adapts after a few uses.
If using Tretinoin for the first time, it’s recommended to start with the lowest strength, which is 0.025%. This will minimise the likelihood of possible skin reactions occurring. After your skin adapts to it, you can choose a higher strength if you want to. It’s also recommended you only use it once or twice per week for the first few uses. After your skin adapts, you can begin using it more frequently, such as every second night, then every night, if you want to use it this often.
It’s highly recommended you use SPF 30 or above on your face during the day while using tretinoin as your face will be more sensitive to sunlight.
You won’t see results right away. If used routinely and consistently, your skin will be noticeably clearer and smoother in a few weeks. The longer tretinoin is used, the better the results will be. After a few months, there will be a visible improvement in the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, age spots, and UV sun damage. However, if you stop using Tretinoin Cream 0.05%, you will lose the positive results.