Tretinoin Gel 0.05% 20g
Tretinoin Gel 0.05% is a fantastic way to improve your appearance and fight the signs of ageing. This revolutionary gel minimises fine lines and wrinkles, stimulates collagen production, improves elasticity and tightens skin, reverses UV sun damage, unclogs pores and clears skin, brightens dull skin and evens skin tone. It’s perfect for anyone who wants smoother, brighter, and younger-looking skin! There are two types of tretinoin: cream and gel. Both are equally effective, so you should choose whichever you prefer. However, if your skin is oily, the gel may be more suitable for your skin type.
How it works:
Tretinoin Gel 0.05%, also known as retinoic acid, is a vitamin A derivative and retinoid that accelerates the turnover of skin cells. As we age, the pace at which skin cells renew and replace older skin cells diminishes. Signs of ageing begin when the renewal process of skin cells slows down. Tretinoin works by speeding up the renewal of skin cells. As a result, as older, damaged skin cells are replaced with younger, undamaged skin cells more frequently, your skin will appear brighter and more youthful. Fine lines, wrinkles, and age spots will fade or disappear in addition to collagen production increasing.
Tretinoin Gel 0.05% should only be used in the evening. This is because retinoids can deteriorate when exposed to sunlight. As a result, it will be less effective when used during the day rather than at night.
- Tretinoin should only be used on clean skin. Therefore, before using Tretinoin, you should remove all of your makeup, wash your face, and thoroughly dry it.
- Apply a pea-sized amount of Tretinoin to your finger; a small amount is all that is required. Then, evenly apply a thin layer to your entire face with your fingertips, until it is absorbed (avoid applying it to your lips). If it goes into your eyes, rinse them with warm water immediately.
- Allow 20–30 minutes for it to absorb into the deeper layers your skin before proceeding with your evening face routine (e.g., applying moisturiser, eye serum etc.). When using Tretinoin, avoid using harsh facial exfoliants because they’ll irritate your skin.
- It’s critical to remember to use sunscreen when using Tretinoin during the day (30 SPF or above).
- TRETINOIN SHOULD NOT BE USED IF YOU ARE BREASTFEEDING OR PREGNANT.
Although tretinoin is safe to use, you may experience one or more mild skin reactions while your skin adapts to it. For example, you may initially experience skin redness, warmth, dryness (alleviated by using a moisturiser), irritation, or dead skin peeling. If you do experience any of these skin reactions, they’ll stop once your skin adapts after a few uses.
If using tretinoin for the first time, it’s recommended to start with the lowest strength, which is 0.025%. This will minimise the likelihood of possible skin reactions occurring. After your skin adapts to it, you can choose a higher strength if you want to. It’s also recommended you only use it once or twice per week for the first few uses. After your skin adapts, you can begin using it more frequently, such as every second night, then every night, if you want to use it this often.
It’s highly recommended you use SPF 30 or above on your face during the day while using tretinoin as your face will be more sensitive to sunlight.
In a few weeks, your skin will be noticeably clearer and smoother if used regularly and consistently. If you use Tretinoin for a longer period of time, your results will improve dramatically. Fine lines, wrinkles, age spots, and UV sun damage will all be considerably reduced after a few months. However, you will lose the improvements if you stop using Tretinoin.