Tretinoin Gel 0.1% 20g
Tretinoin Gel 0.1% is an excellent way to improve your appearance and combat the signs of ageing. This groundbreaking gel reduces fine lines and wrinkles, boosts collagen production, improves elasticity and tightens skin, reverses UV sun damage, unclogs pores and clears skin, brightens dull skin and evens skin tone. It’s ideal for anyone who wants their skin to be smoother, brighter, and more youthful! You’ll notice a more youthful appearance with fewer signs of ageing! There are two types of tretinoin: cream and gel. Both are equally effective, so you should select your preference. However, if your skin is oily, the gel may be more suitable for your skin type.
How it works:
Tretinoin, also known as retinoic acid, is a vitamin A derivative and retinoid that helps speed up skin cell turnover. The rate at which skin cells renew and replace older skin cells slows as we get older. When the renewal process of skin cells slows down, signs of ageing appear. Tretinoin acts by accelerating skin cell renewal. As a result, your skin will appear brighter and more youthful as older, damaged skin cells are replaced with younger, undamaged skin cells more frequently. In addition to increased collagen production, fine lines, wrinkles, and age spots will diminish or disappear.
Tretinoin should only be applied in the evenings. This is due to the fact that retinoids can degrade when exposed to sunlight. As a result, it will be less effective when used during the day rather than at night.
- Tretinoin should only be used on clean skin. As a result, before using Tretinoin, you should remove all of your makeup, wash your face, and thoroughly dry it.
- Put a pea-sized amount of Tretinoin onto your finger; only a small amount is needed. Then, using your fingertips, evenly apply a thin layer to your entire face, until it is absorbed (avoid applying on your lips). If it gets into your eyes, quickly rinse them with warm water.
- Allow 20–30 minutes for it to absorb into the deeper layers of your skin before continuing with your evening face routine (e.g., applying moisturiser, eye serum etc.). Avoid using harsh facial exfoliants while using Tretinoin because they will irritate your skin.
- When using Tretinoin, it’s vital to remember to apply sunscreen (30 SPF or above) during the day.
- TRETINOIN SHOULD NOT BE USED IF YOU ARE PREGNANT OR BREASTFEEDING.
Although tretinoin is safe to use, you may experience one or more mild skin reactions while your skin adapts to it. For example, you may initially experience skin redness, warmth, dryness (alleviated by using a moisturiser), irritation, or dead skin peeling. If you do experience any of these skin reactions, they’ll stop once your skin adapts after a few uses.
If using tretinoin for the first time, it’s recommended to start with the lowest strength, which is 0.025%. This will minimise the likelihood of possible skin reactions occurring. After your skin adapts to it, you can choose a higher strength if you want to. It’s also recommended you only use it once or twice per week for the first few uses. After your skin adapts, you can begin using it more frequently, such as every second night, then every night, if you want to use it this often.
It’s highly recommended you use SPF 30 or above on your face during the day while using tretinoin as your face will be more sensitive to sunlight.
If used routinely and consistently, your skin will be noticeably clearer and smoother in a few weeks. Your results will improve further if you use Tretinoin for longer. After a few months, fine lines, wrinkles, age spots, and UV sun damage will all be significantly reduced. If you stop using Tretinoin, however, you will lose the improvements.